Wensleydale Railway - Photo Archive
Due to the Coronavirus epidemic the railway has been closed and most volunteer work has also stopped. However the contractor who is restoring Leeming Bar station house has been able to continue with their work funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund. There are a few photos of the restoration here.
I am also grateful to a number of volunteers/members, who have supplied various unusual and some older photos to help fill this month's photo gallery. I hope that you enjoy them.
This month we have:-
1. The restoration of Leeming Bar Station House. For more photos see the dedicated restoration photo gallery.
2. Photos taken during a track inspection walk (these are essential and need to continue as normal).
3. Reindeer sculpture with mouth coverings and a thankyou to the NHS.
4. Various photos over the last few years taken by Roger Griffiths who has kindly allowed me to use them.
5. Some older photos of Aysgarth taken by the TasP Group.
6. Kev Burnitt having a DMU driving day back in 2011.
7. Some old photos from 1995 of the early days of the WRA by Alan Graham.
8. Angus Turner submitted an article, drawing and photo taken from an old 1947 LNER book showing the wartime Northallerton avoiding line and the arrangement where it crossed the Wensleydale railway. This can also be downloaded as a PDF document here.
There is also a dedicated photo gallery that shows more photos of the progress of the restoration here