Wensleydale Railway - Photo Archive
Due to the Coronavirus epidemic the railway has been closed and most volunteer work has also stopped. However the contractor who is restoring Leeming Bar station house has been able to continue with their work funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund. There are a few photos of the restoration here.
I am also grateful to a number of volunteers/members, who have supplied various unusual and some older photos to help fill this month's photo gallery. I hope that you enjoy them.
This month we have:-
1. The restoration of Leeming Bar Station House. For more photos see the dedicated restoration photo gallery.
2. Photos taken during a track inspection walk (these are essential and need to continue as normal)
3. Diesel locomotive class 31 no. 31454 for restoration and use on the railway
4. Some work going on around Bedale signal box
5. A number of photos of Redmire and Wensley from Richard Pheby
6. Some photos to remind us of VE day by Richard Pheby
7. Various older photos by Alan Graham
8. Some older photos of Aysgarth mainly by John Harris
9. Some older photos of Leyburn in better days by Kev Burnitt
There is also a dedicated photo gallery that shows more photos of the progress of the restoration. here