Wensleydale Railway - Photo Archive
Due to the Coronavirus epidemic the railway has been closed, however over the last month volunteer work has been able to restart in several areas. . However the contractor who is restoring Leeming Bar station house has been able to continue with their work funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund. There are a few photos of the restoration here. there is also a dedicated photo gallery that shows more photos of the progress of the restoration.
I am also grateful to a number of volunteers/members, who have supplied various unusual and some older photos to help fill this month's photo gallery. I hope that you enjoy them.
This month we have:-
- A view of Leyburn station from 1983
- New arrivals at Leeming Bar
- The restoration of Leeming Bar Station House. For more photos see the dedicated restoration page
- Redmire station during Lockdown
- The Vegetation Group is now back working and the lockdown
- The Direct Works Team is also back and has started restoring some furniture destined for the refurbished Leeming Bar Station House.
- Some older photos of Aysgarth
- Photos of one of the last stone trains in 1992 and of the visit of a Stoneblower in 1996 to the line by Alan Graham