Wensleydale Railway - Photo Archive
Due to the Coronavirus epidemic the railway has been closed, however over the last month volunteer work has been expanding and getting back to some semblance of normality. The contractor who was restoring Leeming Bar station house has completed their work funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund. The next stage will be the internal decoration and fittings. There are a few photos of the restoration here. there is also a dedicated photo gallery that shows more photos of the progress of the restoration.
One of the casualties of the coronavirus epidemic has been the WensleyAle Festival which should have been held at the end of June. It had been planned to be better than ever. As a reminder of what we have missed here is a link to photos from last year's event.
This month we have:-
- The restoration of Leeming Bar Station House by the contractor is now complete and the scaffolding is now down. For photos showing the work so far see the dedicated restoration page
- Some more Pacer Units arrive on the line
- A couple of photos showing the state of the track prior to the weed killing being carried out
- The Weed Killing Unit Mk1 in operation along the line.
- Some items found in the trackside undergrowth along the line.
- Neil Guest sorting out the main electrical distribution board at Leeming Bar.
- The new storage shed on Leeming Bar platform has been painted.
- The Direct Works Team has been working at Scruton.
- The Vegetation Group has been working at various places along the line.