Wensleydale Railway - Photo Archive
Work continues on the redecoration of Leeming Bar Station House which was supported by a Heritage Lottery Grant. However the main focus at the beginning of this month was been the continuation of the major Army Railway Exercise by the Royal Engineers on our railway. They are renewing Wensley Level Crossing, relaying a section of track near Harmby, replacing structural timberwork on the Swale Bridge, along with several other smaller jobs. These are all jobs designed to help the training of the Army Sappers in railway work. This is the first time in about 50 years that the Army has done such an exercise in this country.
This month we have:-
1. Continuation and conclusion of the Army Exercise on our railway together with associated works trains.
2. The Army signing a Military Covenant with us in recognition our support of their railway exercise.
3. The restoration of coaches for the Polar Express supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund continues.
4. More Pacers arrive on the line.
5. Work on new drains at Leeming Bar continues.
6. Painting of lanterns to be attached to the restored Station House at Leeming Bar.
7. The restoration by the Direct Works Team of a Waiting Room Bench for the restored Leeming Bar Station House is progressing with the first one being completed and installed.
8. Work by the Direct Works Team at Scruton on a platform trolley for Leeming Bar continues.
9. Progress of the interior decoration of Leeming Bar Station House continues.
10. Work by the Vegetation Team at various locations.
You can see more photos of the work carried out on our line by the Army during this month here