Wensleydale Railway - Photo Archive
During May a fair amount of work has been carried out by the railway, in preparation for service trains restarting on the last weekend of the month.
This month we have:-
1. Work getting Bedale Station ready for our customers by Bedale Station support group.
2. Trial running to ensure that all staff and volunteers were properly trained etc. prior to public services recommencing.
3. Public train services over the first weekend of operation.
4. Various photos at Bedale station.
5. Diesel loco 60050 and a 0-4-0 saddle tank leaving the railway.
6. A few photos around the yard at Leeming Bar.
7. The restored Leeming Bar Station House funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund is now ready for our visitors to view.
8. The new toilet block at Leeming Bar is progressing.
9. Work by the Direct Works Team.
10. Work by the Vegetation and Infrastructure Teams.
11. One from the archives - Back in 2004, Prince Andrew, Duke of York came to the railway at Leyburn station.
More photos of the restored Leeming Bar Station House and its furnishings can be seen here