Wensleydale Railway - Photo Archive
During February both the Vegetation and Infrastructure teams were very busy working on the line.
This month we have the following:-
1. Our volunteers have been busy making Leeming Bar Station House ready for the new season.
2. The Bedale signal box toilet is operational again after many years.
3. Work being carried out at both Finghall and Leyburn stations.
4. Our publicity stand has been out at model railway exhibitions during the month.
5. Work on the restoration of the 0-6-0 steam tank engine is continuing.
6. The class 121 'bubblecar' is in the maintenance shed for some essential maintenance in preparation for the new season.
7. The repainting of the ex Tyne and Wear Metro diesel shunter is nearly finished.
8. The rubbing down and preparation for repainting of our class 143 Pacer set is continuing.
9. Our Infrastructure Team are continuing with our biggest ever track relay project at Harmby despite February's storms.
10. Our Vegetation Team continue to clear the trackside of dangerous and overgrown trees.