Wensleydale Railway - Photo Archive
During January lots of work has been going on on the railway infrastructure. This month we have:
1. Bedale Station Support group has been very busy redecorating the tearoom, recovering seats and clearing the vegetation on the bank opposite the platform.
2. A little more progress on the restoration of the 0-6-0 tank steam engine
3. The restoration of the covered van is progressing
4. Work being carried out on the 'Bubblecar' and a Pacer unit in the Maintenance Shed
5. One of our Mk1 coaches returned from loan by PNP
6. Network Rail have donated an Elmec road/rail tractor, which will be very useful for carrying equipment work sites along the line
7. One of our Pacers is looking very nice in it new Regional Railways Livery.
8. The new Finghall Station Support Group has started up and has cleared some of the lineside near the station.
9. New crossing gates have been installed at Crakehall. See also the dedicated photos gallery here.
10. The vegetation team have been clearing away the 'North Pole' used for Polar Express.
11. The vegetation team have been replacing some fencing at White Cross Bridge. See also the dedicated photos gallery here.
12. The Infrastructure Team have been busy at various sites along the line.