Wensleydale Railway - Photo Archive
During October lots of work has been going on on the railway. This month we have:
1. Sue Threadgold – our first female driver.
2. We were on Radio York.
3. Scruton station looking very nice.
4. Kate Draffin’s Scarecrow.
5. Work by the Finghall Lane station support group.
6. A new class 14 ex NCB loco has arrived at Leeming Bar.
7. Work continuing on converting an old Mk.1 coach to a 'Green Room' for the Polar Express actors.
8. The Polar Express marquees are being erected.
9. Various work in preparation for Polar Express.
10. Work continues on restoring a Wickham trolley.
11. Work continues on restoring the railway crane.
12. Work continues on painting palings and rails for a future replacement of the fencing at Aiskew.
13. Additional platform lighting and a power supply at the end of the platform are being installed.
14. Work by the Infrastructure Teams.
15. Work by the Vegetation Teams
For more photos of the conversion of an old Mk1 coach into a 'green room' for the Polar Express actors see here.
For more photos of the restoration of the Wickham Trolley see here.
For more photos of the restoration of the Mk 2 coach see here