Wensleydale Railway - Photo Archive
Scruton Station Social History
The Plews Collection
Ernie and Kathleen Plews ran Scruton Station from 1944 until it closed. They had three children - Tony, Trevor and Margaret. The following items have been donated by them. They entered the station into the annual British Railways station competitions with some success. Photos of the certificates are included below.
For more details of the the Plews life at Scruton see here.
We are running an ongoing research programme into the history of the Wensleydale Railway, which runs from Northallerton to Redmire, and we would be delighted to hear from anyone who has a family connection with the railway or can help us piece together its story over the last 150 years. To get in touch, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01677-425805.